Brock Huntley Jones
27535 NE 141ST Pl.
Duvall, WA 98019
E-mail: brock at brockjones dot com
I am seeking an opportunity to bring my 14 years of game production and development experience to bear in the pursuit of making great games with great people. I particularly enjoy the challenges of bringing new teams of people together and learning how to get a team moving in one direction while leveraging each individual's strengths.
August 2008 - Present : Producer at Runic Games
- Developed and managed production and launch plans for two games: Torchlight and Torchlight II, which together have sold over 4 million units across multiple platforms.
- Managed the logistics and mechanics of starting a new studio: Procuring and building out office space, purchasing/installing an IT infrastructure, hiring, budgeting, and creating employment policies.
- Helped to develop marketing and outreach plans including trade shows, ad campaigns, community events, and strategic partnerships with various vendors/manufacturers.
- Served as the primary point of contact for external contractors, including overseas art studios as well as code porting partners.
- Many miscellaneous tasks from impromptu audio voiceover pickup sessions and game balancing to sound design, tool development/deployment, and much more.
March 2007 - July 2008 : Producer at Flagship Studios
- Managed the development schedule for Flagship Studios' Seattle team developing the online multiplayer fantasy action roleplaying game, Mythos.
- Coordinated with Flagship corporate headquarters in San Francisco to insure that the work done by the two studio arms was as efficient as possible and minimized duplication of effort.
- Managed the shuttering of the studio when the parent company closed its doors. Helped deliver severance package to all studio employees (including myself).
May 2000 - October 2006 : Software Engineer at WildTangent, Inc.
- Shipped over 15 games spanning many genres on very short (2-8 month) schedules with very small (2-6 person) teams. Developed primarily in Java and C++.
- Interacted with many large clients wishing to integrate interactive experiences into their advertising campaigns. Some of these clients included Nike, Pepsi, Chrysler, and Sony.
- Developed interactive web sites and back-end software including user registration, login, and posting of generic game data.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to learn quickly and perform under pressure
- Deep team management skills including scheduling, staffing, employee evaluation, and conflict resolution.
- Extensive computer experience (hardware and software) on multiple platforms including:
- PC (Windows 3.xx through 8.2)
- Linux (multiple distributions)
- Macintosh (System 7.5.x through OS X v10.9)
- Programming experience in the following languages:
- C++, C#, C, Java
- Perl (emphasis on CGI applications), Python, and Lua
- UNIX shell scripting, Windows batch files, Windows PowerShell scripts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in a variety of media.
- Major: Philosophy (Traditional Emphasis)
- 3.7 Cumulative GPA (4.0 in Philosophy)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
- Member, Golden Key National Honor Society
- Recipient, 1999-2000 Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship (full resident tuition)
- Twice named the Washington State University Potter Scholar (Fall 1999, Spring 2000)
- 1997-98 Foreign Languages Book Award Recipient for the Latin Language Student of the Year